Patient Procedure Instructions
Purpose of Procedure
Examination with a flexible fiberoptic instrument of the lower colon and rectum.
Preparation for the Procedure
- 1 - 10 oz bottle magnesium citrate (laxative)
- 2 - Fleet enemas
One Day Prior To Exam
- Take 1/2 bottle (5oz) of citrate of magnesia (laxative) at approximately 3:00 p.m.
- Take only clear liquids for dinner (tea/coffee-without creamer)
- Take nothing by mouth after midnight.
On The Day Of Your Exam
- Take 2 fleet enemas. The first one, approximately 1 hour prior to your test. The second enema should be repeated 15 minutes later (allow yourself time to get to your appointment).
Call our office if you have additional questions at 650-365-3700.